Breaking Generational Curses
Generational curses are curses that are passed down through the family liniage. Unforgiven sins from parents, grandparents are inherited but the curses can also be broken through deliverance. In the book of Lamentations 5:7 the Bible teaches that “Our fathers have sinned, and are not (have passed away); and we have borne their iniquities.”
- Leviticus 26:40 – “If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary to me;”
Jesus taught that his followers that we have his authority to cast out devils and break generational curses. He said in Luke 4:18 that “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.”
When Jesus sent out his followers, he gave them his authority and power for deliverance.
- Mark 16:15-18 – And He said unto them, “Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow those that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.”
The following verses from the Bible show how generational curses are formed and how they can be broken. Call for prayer and deliverance 1-574-234-8881
- Isaiah 53:4-5 – Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
- Exodus 20:3-5 – Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
- Psalm 31:10 – For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.
- Matthew 24:12-13 – And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
What Jesus has done for others he will do for you!